- Wash and halve zucchini and slice into thick strips or wedges.
- For the coating: mix wheat flour with half of the oat drink until smooth and add the remaining oat drink little by little until a homogenous dough is achieved.
- Grind vegan alternative to cheese finely in a blender and mix with ground hazelnuts, thyme, salt, pepper and chili flakes.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and pre-heat the oven. Give zucchini sticks in a bowl, add dough and mix thoroughly by hand. Roll sticks one by one in the vegan alternative to cheese-mixture and place on the baking tray. Bake at 200 °C for 15 – 20 minutes until the surface turns golden brown.
- Meanwhile prepare the tzatziki: Halve avocado lengthwise, core and puree with a fork. Add freshly squeezed lemon juice, salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Wash and rasp cucumber. Let rest for 5 – 10 minutes and squeeze excess liquid by hand. Mix the cucumber with the avocado puree.
- Chop spring onions and wild chives finely and mix to the avocado-tzatziki together with the peel of a half lemon and the alternative to yoghurt.
Our tip: Perfect side dish to vegan alternatives to sausages, schnitzel or nuggets !
Portion: 2-3 people
- 1 Avocado
- 2 tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- ¼ tsp cayenne, ground
- ½ cucumber
- 2 spring onions
- Wild chives
- Zlemon peel, fresh
- 3 tbsp alternative to yoghurt
- 2-3 Zucchini, medium
- 2 heaped tbsp. wheat flour (ca. 50 g)
- 200 ml oat drink
- 150 g vegan alternative to pizza cheese
- 50 g hazelnuts, ground
- 3 tsp thyme, dried
- 1 tsp chili flakes