- Blanch almonds and put an almond in each date. Halve/fold vegan alternative to carpaccio lenghtwise and wrap it around the dates. Heat some olive oil in a pan and fry the dates briefly. Let the dates drain on a paper towel.
- Peel small onions and shallots and cut in half lengthwise. Mix olive oil with 1 tablespoon herb mixture (frozen or fresh herbs) ans season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground pepper. Add finely chopped garlic clove with 1-2 tablespoons marinade to the pan and sweat the onion halves in it. Sprinkle with brown sugar and fry for a few minutes on each side.
- Give raspberry vinegar to remaining marinade and whisk.
Serve dates with sauteéd onions and marinade for dipping. Serve with white bread.
A recipe from Sophie Mathisz
Ingredients (for two people):
- dates, dried & Stoned
- almonds, blanched
- vegan alternative to carpaccio
- olive oil
- 100g red onions, small
- 100g shallots, small
- 100ml olive oil
- italian herb mix
- sea salt
- red pepper, freshly ground
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- pinch of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon raspberry vinegar