- Pour hot vegetable stock over the couscous and let it rest for 8-10 minutes. Mix 1-2 tablespoons of Alsan in small pieces into the warm couscous.
- Peel, halve onion and cut into fine wedges. Wash and core peppers, cut into fine strips. Dice zucchini into small cubes. Add vegetables to a pan and fry with some olive oil for 10 minutes at medium heat.
- Wash the tomatoes, cut in half, cut into very thin wedges, add to the other vegetables and continue to simmer for a few minutes, stirring occasionally. Fold in tomato paste and curry, season with salt & pepper and remove from heat. Add couscous to the vegetables in the pan and mix everything.
- Dice smoked tofu in very small cubes and fry briefly in a second pan with olive oil. Mix with caraway seeds, raisins and fresh chopped parsley among the vegetable couscous and let it rest for a few minutes.
- Peel cucumbers and cut in half. Cut the cucumber halves lengthwise. Hollow cucumber pieces with a hollow ball cutter or a sharp small spoon, mix the removed pulp with the couscous.
- Fill and serve vegetable couscous in the cucumber gondolas. Our tip: Not spicy/exotic enough? Try our hot spice mixture Vlavorite GARAM MASSALA
A recipe from Sophie Mathisz
Ingredients (for four people):
- 250g Couscous
- 250ml vegetable stock
- 1-2 tablespoons Alsan
- 1 onion, fine wedges
- 1 yellow pepper, thin strips
- 1 zucchini, finely diced
- olive oil, for frying 2 tomatoes, extra fine wedges
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon curry, heaped
- salt black pepper, freshly ground
- 200g smoked tofu
- 50g raisins
- parsley, freshly chopped
- 2 cucumbers