- Unroll puff pastry and brush a thin layer of soy cream, mixed with paprika powder over it. Optional: mix water with red curry paste and brush the puff pastry with the mixture. Sprinkle with caraway, sesame or pizza spice mixture. Cut dough in 1.5 – 2 cm wide strips. Twist strips carefully and place them side by side on a baking tray, lined with baking paper. Bake at 180 °C in a preheated oven until crispy (15 – 20 minutes).
- Halve avocado and remove core. Spoon out the pulp an mash it with a fork until the mass becomes a homogenous puree.
- Mix olive oil, sweet mustard, grated lemon rind and freshly squeezed lemon juice (of a half lemon). Fold in the avocado puree and stir thoroughly with a whisk. Season with salt, freshly ground black pepper, chili powder and fresh coriander.
- Wash lettuce thoroughly and cut into bite-size pieces. Wash cucumber and cut in rings or thin sticks (with or without peel – your choice). Wash cherry tomatoes and cut into quarters.Give cucumber and tomatoes in a bowl. Pour avocado salad cream over the mixed salad. Mix thoroughly and serve with the hot spicy sticks out of the oven.
Our tip: You can use the spice mixtures of Vantastic Foods to create versatile flavours for the spicy sticks easily (e.g. with Vantastic Foods Vlavorite GARAM MASSALA spice mixture)
Recipe by Sophie Mathisz
Ingredients (for two people):
- 1 pack vegan puff pastry
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened soy cream or 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste or ½ teaspoon sweet paprika powder
- spices to taste (sesame / caraway / pizza seasoning)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sweet mustard
- lemon zest, freshly grated
- ½ lemon, juice
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 pinch chili powder
- some coriander, roughly chopped
- green leaf lettuce
- 300g cherry tomatoes
- ½ cucumber