- For the dressing stir vegan alternative to mayonnaise, medium hot mustard, ketchup, olive oil and apple vinegar together in a bowl until smooth. Intermix spices as well as optionally some Madeira-liqueur wine. Then peel onions and garlic clove and chop very finely, also cube gherkins very finely and mix it all in the Diner Sauce.
- Now peel the Veggie chicken legs carefully away from the sugar cane in the middle and rip, in direction of fibre, in bite-sized, irregular pieces
Heat some plant oil in a pan and fry the soy pieces crisply in it, then season to taste with freshly ground pepper and salt.
- Cut Chinese cabbage in very fine stripes, wash and shake dry. Peel red onions and cut in fine rings.
- Halve burger buns, coat the lower half with some Diner Sauce and cover with a big handful of Chinese cabbage stripes. Spread the crisply fried alternative to Pulled Chicken on the salad covering, add a portion of the Diner Sauce and close with the bun-lid.
Portion: 3-4 People
Recipe: Sophie Mathisz / Photograph: Marcus Maly
- 150 g Vegan alternative to mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Mustard, medium hot
- 2 tbsp Ketchup
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Apple vinegar
- ½ tsp Paprika, sweet
- A pinch of lovage, powder
- A pinch of red pepper
- A pinch of celery salt
- 1/8 tsp Pepper, ground
- Salt (after your’s fancy)
- 1 tbsp Madeira (optionally)
- ¼ Onions, chopped very finely
- ½ Garlic clove, chopped very finely
- 20 g Gherkin
Pulled Chicken Burger:
- Vegan alternative to chicken legs
- Some olive oil, for frying
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- Some salt
- Chinese cabbage, small
- 1 Red onion