- Mix wheat flour, baking powder, salt and mustard powder (ground mustard seeds) in a mixing bowl. Puree drained, canned chickpeas with the hand mixer, add water and stir until creamy. Rub tofu finely with the vegetable grater. Wash wild garlic and shake dry, chop finely. Put lukewarm Alsan in small pieces, chickpea puree and tofu crumbs to the dry ingredients in the bowl as well as chopped wild garlic, vegan alternative to cream cheese and oat drink. Work all ingredients with the hand mixer into a homogeneous dough and brew it for 15 min.
- Dust an even working surface carefully with flour. Roll out the scone dough about 2 cm thick and cut with a small glass or a cookie cutter (diameter ca. 4 cm) round pieces out of the dough and put on a with baking paper covered baking tray.
- Mix some Oat Cuisine with a pinch of paprika powder and vegan grated cheese and spread on the scones, sprinkle chili flakes. Bake wild garlic scones at 180°C in the pre-heated baking oven for ca. 30-40 min. golden brown.
Unser Tipp: Our oven-fresh wild garlic scones not only taste great pure, but also with the vegan alternative to cream cheese alternatives (e.g. Made with Luve) and vegan spreads from our shop!
Portion: 11-12 Pieces
Recipe: Sophie Mathisz / Photograph: Marcus Maly
Wild garlic scones:
- 250 g Wheat flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Mustard powder
- 80 g Chickpeas (canned)
- 20 g Water
- 50 g Tofu
- 60 g Alsan, lukewarm
- 70 g Vegan alternative to grated cheese
- 30 g Wild garlic, freshly chopped
- 100 ml Oat drink
- Some Oat Cuisine
- A pinch of paprika powder, sweet
- Some vegan alternative to grated cheese
- Chili flakes, for sprinkling