- For the spicy “turnips” made of roll paste prepare a sponge: therefor crumble the fresh yeast in a cup, then stir with sugar and lukewarm plant milk until smooth. Decant the mass in a big vessel, then put it, covered with a clean cloth, in a warm place and brew the yeast for 30 min.
- Mix wheat flour, salt and dried thyme in a mixing bowl. Add the yeast and the lukewarm water and knead with the hand mixer (dough hook) into a homogeneous dough. Dust the dough ball with some flour, cover the mixing bowl with a cloth and brew the yeast dough in a warm place for 40 min.
- Meanwhile prepare the cake pan: therefor trace the outline of a DIN A4 paper sheet and cut it out. Halve the paper circles and screw the semicircles in sharp bags, then wrap them with aluminum foil. Wrap the outsides of the bags with baking paper and pin.
- Flour the working surface thoroughly, flatten the yeast dough thin on ca. the length of the baking tray and cut lengthwise in about 1,5cm wide dough stripes. Wrap the dough stripes around the prepared cake pans. Start at the top of the paper bags and wrap each time a dough stripe all around from the bottom up, thereby move the dough lightly overlapping. Lay down the done bags on the floured working surface and unroll carefully with light pressure, so that the overlapping dough stripes are pressed together. Stir Soya Cuisine with some paprika powder and paint the wrapped bags thoroughly, sprinkle as required with sesame, caraway or the like. Put the bags side by side on a baking sheet (the tips upwards) and bake at 180°C in the pre-heated oven for 40-60 min.
- For the carrot salad peel carrots and cut with a peeler in very fine stripes or rasp. Cut pineapple rings in fine pieces. Add pineapple, as well as 50 ml of the pineapple juice from the can, 2 handful of sultanas and freshly chopped parsley as well as roughly chopped walnuts to the carrot stripes and mix in. Stir sweet mustard with apple vinegar and mix in the salad, taste with freshly ground pepper and salt after yours fancy. Brew the salad for 30-60 min. in the refrigerator.
- For the vegan meat salad cut a alternative to vegan wiener or Knackwurst in fine, longish stripes. Dice gherkins finely. Cut radish in fine stripes. Stir vegan alternative to herbal cream cheese with the vegan alternative to mayonnaise, horseradish and cucumber water (poured off through a sieve) until creamy. Taste with freshly ground pepper and salt, mix in finely cut chives and stir salad cream in the ingredients. Brew vegan meat salad for 30-60 min. in the refrigerator.
Remove the ready-baked bags made of roll paste carefully after the cooling from the form and for the Easter brunch fill it freshly with carrot salad and/or vegan alternative to meat salad. Decorate it with a fresh bouquet of parsley, silver beets or the like – now the „roll-turnip“ is ready for the Easter breakfast table!
Our tip: Of course there are no limitations for your imagination, when it comes to the filling of the „roll-turnips“ – you can find lots of delicious ideas at our shop ready-made chili , tasty spreads (e.g. Eden Bio NUSS-PAPRIKA Brotaufstrich, 250g) or gourmet salads (e.g. Landkrone Bio SALAT ungarisch, 200g)!
Portion: Dough produces ca. 16 Pieces / 4-8 People
Recipe: Sophie Mathisz / Photograph: Marcus Maly
- 1 Cube fresh yeast
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Plant drink, lukewarm
- 500 g Wheat flour + some extra
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Thyme, dried and chopped
- 300 ml Water, lukewarm
- 20 ml Soya Cuisine, for painting
- ¼ tsp Paprika powder, sweet
- optionally: sesame, caraway or the like for sprinkling
- Aluminum foil
- Some DIN A4 paper sheets
- Baking paper
- 1 Bunch of carrots
- 8 Slices pineapple (can á ca. 260g)
- 50 ml Pineapple juice (juice directly from the can, see above)
- 2 Handful of sultanas
- Parsley, freshly chopped
- Walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 heaped tbsp sweet mustard
- 2 tbsp Apple vinegar
- 1 tsp Black pepper, freshly ground
Vegan meat salad:
- 200 g vegan alternative to wiener or Knackwurst
- 4 Big gherkins
- 150 g Vegan cream cheese (herbs)
- 250 g Vegan alternative to mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Vegan horseradish
- 6 tbsp Cucumber water
- 1 tsp Black pepper, freshly ground