- Peel and halve onions – cut into fine wedges. Remove upper part and green from the fennel and put aside. Wash fennel, halve, remove stems and cut into fine wedges.
- Heat some vegetable oil in a pan and fry fennel and onions for 5 minutes. Add a splash of white wine and cook for 5 minutes until the wine has evaporated.
- Peel potatoes and cut into 3-4 mm thick slices. Dice smoked tofu finely.
- Heat some vegetable oil in a second big pan, fry the tofu and remove it from the pan. Fry potato slices in the pan for 10 minutes until golden brown and add the vegetables and tofu. Mix everything, add caraway, season with salt and pepper and cover. Fry over medium heat for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Wash lemon and grate zest. Chop fennel finely. Sprinkle the dish with chopped fennel, lemon peel and some rock sugar.
Our Tip: Add a special rustic note with the Vlavorite season mix for fried potatoes (Vantastic Foods Vlavorite BRATKARTOFFEL Gewürzzubereitung, 75g)!
Portion: 3 people
Recipe: Sophie Mathisz / Photo: Marcus Maly
- 2 onions
- 2 fennel bulbs
- Sunflower oil for frying
- Splash vegan white wine
- 200 g smoked tofu
- 800 g potatoes, waxy
- 1 TL caraway
- black pepper, freshly ground
- lemon, peel
- ½ tbsp rock sugar or brown sugar