- Peel onions and cut into slim wedges – sauté in a pan with some Alsan until glassy. Put onions to the side of the pan and give brown sugar to the middle. Let the sugar caramelize, deglaze with balsamic vinegar and mix with the onions. Let the confit simmer over little heat for 10-15 minutes. Season with balsamic cream and freshly ground pepper.
- Mix yeast with 1 tsp sugar and 1 tbsp luke-warm soy milk until smooth. Let rest at a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Give flour to a bowl and mix with salt. Mash potatoes with a potato ricer to the flour and add the yeast-mix and luke-warm soy milk. Knead ingredients with a hand mixer and later by hand on a floured surface. Add some extra flour if the dough’s still sticky. Put the dough in a bowl and let it rest for 30 minutes at a warm place.
- Roll dough on a floured surface to 2cm thickness and cut round patries using a glas. Pierce the middle of the pastry with your finger and expand it to 3cm diameter. Put bagels on a baking tray, lined with baking paper, cover with a clean dishcloth and let rest for 20 minutes.
- Brush bagels with oat milk and sprinkle with sesame and pumpkin seeds. Bake at 180 °C for 30-40 minutes in a pre-heated oven until golden-brown.
- Roast burgers and pineapple slices and place them on the sliced bagel, together with salad, chili sauce and confit.
Cheese-Bagel (Burger)! Try our delicious Wilmersburger with paprika!
2 people/burgers (recipe for 10-12 bagel)
- 4-5 red onions, big
- 50 g Alsan
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 50 ml balsamic vinegar
- 1-2 tbsp balsamic cream
- Black pepper, freshly ground
Potato dough bagel:
- 1 cube yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 250 ml vegetable alternative to milk, luke-warm
- 5500 g wheat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 200 g cooked potatoes
- Oat cream for spreading
- Black cumin
- Pumpkin seeds .
- Pineapple rings (canned)
- 22 organic chili burgers