- Crumble fresh yeast into a small cup and stir with sugar and hand-hot soy drink until smooth.
- Put the flour in a large mixing bowl, add salt and mix well. Press hole in the flour and pour the yeast mix into. Sprinkle the yeast with some flour and cover the bowl with a kitchen towel. Let rest for 20 minutes in a warm place.
- Mix flour and yeast with a hand mixer after the time has passed. Add shots of hand-hot water and keep kneading. Finally, add oil and knead on high level for about 5 minutes until a smooth dough is formed. Knead dough with your hands into a ball and allow to rest for about 30 minutes in a warm place in the covered bowl.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling: peel the onion and cut into thin wedges or cubes. Wash zucchini and dice. Heat some olive oil in a large frying pan and fry onions until translucent. Free mushrooms with a brush from soil and chop, add to the onions in the pan and fry for a few minutes. Finally, give zucchini pieces into the pan with the vegetables and sauté. Salten vegetables and season with freshly ground pepper and hot chili.
- Core bell pepper and cut into fine strips. Cut cherry tomatoes into quarters.
- Cut dough ball into 8 equal parts. Halve each of the parts and knead with hands to 16 small balls. Roll out each ball of dough on a floured work surface thoroughly to round dough sheets, about 10cm in diameter.
- Grate vegan alternative to sliced cheese, mix with the steamed vegetables and give 1-2 heaped tablespoons of the filling in the center of each dough. Add a few cherry tomato pieces, strips of red pepper and rocket or basil leaves on the vegetables. Let some dough on the edges uncovered. Fold dough sheets into pockets and squeeze the edge firmly, so that no filling drips out while baking. Place the finished calzone on a baking tray lined with baking paper, brush the surface with a little water and bake in a preheated oven at 190 °C for about 15 minutes. Brush with water again and bake for another 15 minutes.
Our tip: Add small pieces of vegan chorizo or salami to the filling if you like it a little hearty.
A recipe from Sophie Mathisz
Ingredients (for four people):
- ½ cube of fresh yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy drink, hand-hot
- 500g wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 300ml water, hand-hot
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 zucchini
- 250g white mushrooms or chestnut mushrooms
- olive oil, for fryingo
- black pepper, freshly ground
- chili, dried and ground
- 150g vegan alternative to sliced cheese
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 100g cherry tomatoes
- rocket or basil, fresh