- Heat rice-coconut drink with vanilla ground, freshly grated lemon zest and maple syrup. Stir in rice and cook over low heat for about 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cover cutting board or work surface with clingfilm. Spread a 5mm layer of hot rice pudding on the clingfilm rectangular and cover the surface with a layer of plastic wrap. Let cool down.
- Thaw frozen strawberries and puree with a hand blender to a fine sauce. Season with a little lemon juice and freshly ground black pepper.
- Peel kiwi, cut pulp into small pieces and mash finely with a hand blender. Refine with 1-2 tablespoons mint syrup.
- Peel mango and kiwi and cut strips from the fruits, 1cm in diameter. Remove the top layer of clingfilm from the cooled rice pudding and place the pieces of fruit with about 1cm from the edge on the side along on the rice surface. Roll the rice by grabbing the clingfilm and wrap it carefully around the fruits with light pressure. Use a knife to cut along the roll, spread more fruits on the rice and start wrapping a second roll or cut our little pieces
Cut rice sushi roll with a sharp knife into pieces of equal size, and roll them in poppy seed, brittle or finely chopped pistachios.
Serve with cold fruit sauces and enjoy most authentically with chopsticks!
Our tip: There are no limits for the filing – also cranberries or dried fruits taste awesome.
A recipe from Sophie Mathisz
Ingredients (for three people):
- 600ml rice and coconut drink
- vanilla ground
- lemon, juice and zest
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 200g round grain rice (rice pudding)
- strawberries, frozen or fresh
- mint syrup
- poppy ground
- pistachios, chopped