- Cook tagliatelle in boiling salt water and drain.
- Soak raisins in hot water for 10 minutes, drain and squeeze softly by hand.
- Give soy alternative to curd in a bowl and stir with vanilla sugar, sugar, mango jam and freshly grated lemon zest. Mix custard powder with 2 – 3 spoons of the mass, stir until smooth and mix with the rest of the mass. Mix egg substitute with 6 tbsp water and stir into the mass.
- Melt Alsan in a small pot. Place a layer of strudel dough on a baking tray, lined with baking paper and brush thoroughly with Alsan. Add another layer of dough, brush with Alsan and repeat a third time. Spread 2 – 3 tbsp bread crumbs evenly on top.
- Mix curd mass with tagliatelle and spread evenly on the dough with the breadcrumbs. Cover everything with a layer of strudel dough, brush with Alsan, add a second layer of dough and brush again with Alsan. Cover with the last layer of dough and shuffle together by hand, forming an irregular, nested structure. Spread the remaining Alsan on top and bake at 190°C in a pre-heated oven for 35-40 minutes until golden brown. Let cool for 30 minutes before cutting. Sprinkle with icing sugar before serving.
Halve the amount of ingredients for a round shape and use a spring form.
Our tip: Coffee for your strudel? Give our delicious grain coffee with real bourbon vanilla a try!
Portion: 6-12 people / sheet cake - 12 pieces
- 500 g tagliatelle
- 100 g raisins
- Some hot water
- 1 kg soy alternative to curd
- 3 packs vanilla sugar
- 120 g sugar
- 4 tbsp. Mango jam or fruit puree
- 1 lemon, peel
- 1 pack custard powder (vanilla)
- 2 tbsp eg substitute powder
- 70 g Alsan
- Vegan strudel dough (6 plates, cooler section)
- 2-3 tbsp bread crumbs
- Icing sugar, for sprinkling