- Line a large colander with a coffee filter bag or a clean, undyed linen and leave vegan alternative to yogurt overnight (but at least 4-5 hours) to drain.
- Fill flour in a large bowl and make a hole in the middle. Crumble fresh yeast into the hole, sprinkle a teaspoon of sugar on it, and pour the hand-hot soy drink in the bowl. Cover the mixing bowl with a kitchen towel for 30 minutes and leave it to rest.
- Melt Alsan over low heat meanwhile. Add melted margarine, sugar and a pinch of salt to the previous dough in the bowl and knead a few minutes with an electric mixer (dough hook) to a smooth dough. Form yeast dough into a ball and leave it in the covered bowl again for 60 minutes in a warm place.
- Sweet the drained yogurtalternative to taste with elderflower syrup and stir in almond flour. Wash blueberries and pat dry.
- Dust the yeast dough with 1-2 tablespoons of flour and cut into 8 equal pieces, halve them again and knead each piece of dough between your hands to form a ball. Roll out each ball on a floured surface into a rectangle about 15 x 15cm and spread one heaped tablespoon of the yogurt elder mass on the surface (spare about 2 cm on the edges). Distribute a handful of blueberries on the surface of each rectangle and roll the dough piece carefully.
- Lay the dough roll with the seam facing upwards on the work surface and fold lengthwise (so the seam on seam disappears on the inside). Twist the two ends. Cut the roll with a sharp knife up to half the length of the top. Fold the cut pieces with hands away to the left and right so that a heart shape appears. Place the hearts carefully side by side on a baking tray with baking paper, thereby allow sufficient distance between the hearts on the baking sheet.
- Whisk unsweetened soy cream with a shot of elderflower syrup. Brush the hearts carefully with the cream and bake them in a preheated oven at 180 °C for 35-45 minutes until they appear golden brown.
Our tip: Also delicious as a "fast" variant: stuff the hearts with fruity cherry jam!
Portion: 16 little hearts
Recipe by Sophie Mathisz
Ingredients (for five people):
- 500g wheat flour
- 30g fresh yeast
- 300ml soy drink
- 100g melted Alsan
- 100g sugar
- pinch of salt
- 500g vegan alternative to yoghurt, unsweetened and drained
- 5-6 tablespoons elderflower syrup
- 4-5 tablespoons almond flour
- 200g blueberries (or other berries)
- soy cream (unsweetened), for brushing
- shot elderflower syrup