- Put the flour into a mixing bowl and add small flakes Alsan. Rub both ingredients between your palms and work them to crumbly dough. Add sugar and jam, as well as peeled and finely grated ginger and knead with an electric mixer for a few minutes into a uniform dough. Knead shortcrust finally with your hands into a ball, wrap in clingfilm and place in refrigerator for 40 minutes.
- Grease tarte or quiche cake mold carefully with vegetable margarine and flour. Roll shortcrust pastry on a floured surface thoroughly to cake size and place in the mold, thereby pulling the edge and press down the dough. Cover dough bottom with baking paper (cut round piece of appropriate size) and spread legumes over it. Bake for 10-15 minutes at 180 °C (dummy bake). Remove legumes and baking paper immediately after baking and leave cake to cool in the mold.
- Chocolate cream: Whip soy cream with vanilla sugar and cream stiffner thoroughly until stiff. Melt dark chocolate slowly in a double boiler. Take chocolate from heat,add sieved icing sugar, coffee powder and Alsan while stirring thoroughly. Fold chocolate mixture slowly and into the whipped cream, add vegan cream alternative to cheese last. Spread chocolate mixture on the shortcrust and smoothen the surface. Let the tart cool down in the fridge (3-4 hour, best overnight).
- Filet blood oranges: Filet the oranges (cut off peel, remove inner white peel).
- Blood orange sauce: Boil freshly squeezed orange juice with the sugar and the vanilla pulp briefly. Stir cornstarch in a cup with a little water smooth and free of lumps and add to orange juice in the pot, stirring constantly with a whisk to thicken. Add blood orange fillets last and let everything simmer shortly. Take sauce off the heat and let cool.
Serve “fresh” from the fridge with blood orange sauce.
Our tip: No time for Tarte? No problem! Oven warm brownies also taste great with our blood orange sauce!
A recipe from Sophie Mathisz
Ingredients (for seven people):
- 200g wheat flour
- 100g Alsan
- 3 tablespoons sugar (about 50g)
- 1 tablespoon apricot or orange marmalade
- 7g grated ginger
- whippable soy cream, unsweetened
- 2 pack vanilla sugar
- 3 pack cream stiffener
- 200g dark chocolate
- 50g icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon coffee ground
- 50g Alsan
- 5 tablespoons vegan alternative to cream cheese
- alternatively: vegan alternative to yogurt
BLOOD ORANGE SAUCE:
- 4-6 blood oranges, filleted
- 3-4 oranges (about 250 ml of orange juice), freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 ½ teaspoon cornflour
- optional: 3 tablespoons orange liqueur
- baking paper
- dried legumes (eg beans)