- Dice bread for the dumplings and give it into a bowl. Boil soy drink and pour to the diced bread. Cover bowl and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Dice onions and smoked tofu finely. Fry in a pan with a little oil until golden brown. Set pan aside. Stir margarine until creamy and mix with the finely chopped parsley.
- Give fried onions, diced tofu, oil from the pan, parsley butter, freshly chopped marjoram and cornstarch to the soaked bread cubes in the bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Knead to a homogenous dough.
- Cover the work surface with a clean, undyed kitchen towel and put clingfoil on top. Spread the dough on the foil and form a roll with your hands. Wrap the clingfoil around the dough roll (with the towel) and fix the ends with kitchen string.
- Simmer the roll with pot lid closed over medium heat in salted water. Take the roll out of the water after 40 minutes. Let cool for 60 minutes.
- Clean the mushrooms with a brush. Peel onion and cut into fine dice. Heat a little vegetable oil in a pan and sauté the onions in it. Add mushrooms and fry for a few minuts. Add paprika and fry for another 1-2 minutes.
- Pour vegetable stock in the pan and simmer over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, until the liquid is slightly reduced..
- Stir vegan alternative to yogurt with soy cream in a small bowl until smooth. Reduce heat and add cream yogurt mixture to the fried mushrooms. Continue to simmer 5 minutes. Season mushroom cream with freshly ground pepper and salt. Add freshly chopped parsley to the sauce.
- Take dumplings out of the cloth and cut into slices, optionally sauté the pieces in vegetable oil in a frying pan and serve with mushroom cream.
Our tip: Combine dumplings and goulash! Easy and quick with our prepared cooking-set!
A recipe from Sophie Mathisz
Ingredients (for five people):
- 300g dry bread or buns
- 500ml soy drink
- vegetable oil
- 1 white onion
- 1 red onion
- ½ bunch parsley, fleshly chopped
- handful of marjoram, fresh
- 100g Alsan
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 200g smoked tofu
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 500g chanterelles (or other mushrooms), fresh
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons paprika, sweet
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 60ml vegan alternative to soy cream, liquid
- 3 tablespoons vegan alternative to yogurt
- ½ bunch parsley, freshly chopped