- Peel the potatoes and cut into very fine slices. Wash zucchini thoroughly and also cut into thin slices.
- Peel shallots and dice very finely. Heat a little olive oil in a large frying pan and sauté shallots in it. Reduce heat to low level, pour vegetable stock and soy drink and stir with a whisk, adding alternative to cheese sauce powder, simmer about 5 minutes while stirring. Finally, add vegan alternative to soy cream and simmer while stirring to a creamy-liquid sauce. Chop parsley finely and mix into the sauce.
- Grease baking dish. Put a layer of raw potato slices on the bottom of the baking dish and cover with a similar layer of zucchini slices. Spread some spoons of alternative to cheese sauce all over it and add more layers of potato, zucchini and alternative to cheese sauce until all ingredients are used up.
- Coarsely chop hazelnuts and sprinkle on the gratin surface.
Bake at 190 °C in a preheated oven for 40-50 minutes, until the surface is golden brown and crispy.
Our tip: Use soy mince to make the dish super hearty! Simply leave the granules soak in hot vegetable stock for 10 minutes, squeeze and fry in a pan until crispy. Mix between vegetable slices and sauce.
A recipe from Sophie Mathisz
Ingredients (for two people):
- 600g potatoes, mainly waxy
- 1 - 2 zucchini (about 500g)
- a little olive oil, for greasing
- 2 shallots
- olive oil, for frying
- 100ml vegetable stock
- 200ml soy drink
- 100ml vegan alternative to soy cream
- 4 tablespoons alternative to cheese sauce
- ½ bunch parsley
- 100g hazelnuts