- Stir Alsan, vanilla sugar, sugar and jam until smooth.
- Stir egg substitute powder together with 4 tablespoons of hand-hot until smooth and add to the margarine mixture.
- Mix flour and baking powder in a mixing bowl, add to the rest of the ingredients and stir with the addition of soy drink to a smooth dough.
- Halve the dough - mixcocoa powder with one half and lemon rind with the other half.
- Grease jars thoroughly with Alsan and sprinkle with flour. Fill in the bright and dark blatter alternately: a tablespoon of dark dough in the center followed by a tablespon of bright dough and so on. Fill jars only ¾ with dough and bake (unclosed!!!) at 180 °C in a preheated oven for 30-40 minutes (check in between with a wooden skewer, if the cake is ready).
The Zebra Cake stay fresh and juicy up to 4 weeks! Seal the jars immediately after baking with rubber ring and lid with clamps or screw lid and store cool.
A recipe from Sophie Mathisz & Miriam Spann
Ingredients (for four people):
- 150g margarine
- 2 tablespoons egg replacer powder
- 150g sugar
- 200g flour
- 1 pack vanilla sugar
- 1/2 pack baking soda
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- lemon zest, freshly grated
- 100ml soy drink
- 4 tablespoons apricot jam