- Biscuit: Stir sugar, soy dring, apple cider vinegar and sunflower oil in a bowl with an electric mixer until it’s foamy. Add flour, baking powder and vanilla sugar to the bowl and stir for 2 minutes to form uniform dough. Whip 2 tablespoons egg substitute powder with 6 tablespoons of hand-hot water with a fork until foamy and fold the mass with a wooden spoon evenly into the biscuit dough. Spread the liquid biscuit dough on a baking tray with baking paper and bake smoothly in a preheated oven at 170 °C for about 15-25 minutes. Allow the cake to cool on the sheet cut round biscuits out of it.
- Cream: Stir the Tofutti Cream Cheese with 6 teaspoons of icing sugar until creamy. Stir whipped soy cream into the cream cheese. Mix finely chopped fresh mint leaves into the cream and season to taste with lemon juice (1-3 tablespoons).
- Chocolate sauce: Heat soy cream in a saucepan and remove it from heat. Chop dark chocolate coarsely and let it melt in the cream while stirring. Let everything cool down.
- Preparation: Boil fresh brewed strong coffee and let it cool in a bowl. Pour mint syrup in another bowl (add mint liqueur to taste). Dunk half of the biscuits briefly into the bowl with the cold coffee until the biscuit pieces are soaked. Do the same with the other half of the biscuits and the mint syrup. Ensure that the cake pieces are saturated but not mushy.
- Now put all the ingredients into a dessert glass: At first a layer of biscuits with coffee flavor. Then add a few tablespoons of the mint tiramisu cream. Next layer is a biscuit with mint flavour, also covered with cream. Put 3-4 tablespoons of the chocolate sauce on top and finish with another layer of biscuit and tiramisu cream. Decorate the topping with fine cocoa powder and fresh mint or chocolate and mint syrup.
Recipe by Sophie Mathisz & Miriam Spann
Ingredients (for four people):
- 250g flour
- 100g sugar
- 1 pack vanilla sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 250ml soy drink
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 135ml sunflower oil
- 2 tablespoons egg substitute powder
- 6 tablespoons water
- 225g Tofutti Creamy Smooth cream cheese, natural
- 6 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 100g soy cream
- freshly squeezed lemon juice
- fresh mint leaves
- 125g soy cream
- 100g dark chocolate
- peppermint syrup (e.g. by Monin)
- possibly mint liqueur
- 250ml strong coffee, freshly brewed and cooled
- cocoa powder, some mint leaves