- Crumble fresh yeast in a bowl and stir with sugar and hand-hot soy drink until smooth. Cover the bowl with a clean kitchen towel and let the dough raise for 20 minutes in a warm place.
- Put the flour into a mixing bowl and mix salt. Add olive oil and dough - mix ingredients coarsely. Pour in hand-hot water and knead with an electric mixer for a few minutes until smooth. (Add as much water that the dough loosens from the bowl during kneading but does not stick to the hands). Cover bowl with a kitchen towel and let dough rise for one hour in a warm place.
- Prepare pesto in the meantime: Wash the basil and shake dry. Put some leaves for decoration aside, chop the remaining leaves coarsely and give them together with the coarsely chopped nuts or pine nuts and olive oil into the blender, puree everything to a creamy pesto. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Wash and halve the cherry tomatoes. Dice half of vegan alternative to mozzarella into 1cm cubes, cut the rest into slices.
- Halve dough into two equal pieces and roll out thinly on a floured surface. Lay vegan alternative to Mozzarella cubes on the edges, fold dough around and press firmly.
- Spread canned tomatoesand some spoons from basil pesto on the dough. Spread remaining vegan alternative to mozzarella slices on the pizza and top with halved cherry tomatoes and olives. Bake pizzas in preheated oven for about 30-40 minutes at 180 °C. Garnish with remaining fresh basil leaves before serving.
Our tip: Our Cheesy Crust Pizza tastes very hearty in addition with vegan carpaccio!
Portion: 2 round pizzas / 2 people
A recipe from Sophie Mathisz
Ingredients (for two people):
- ½ cube of fresh yeast
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons soy drink, hand-hot
- 250g wheat flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 100-120ml water, hand-hot
- 1 bunch basil
- 100g walnuts or pine nuts, coarsely chopped
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 200g vegan alternative to mozzarella
- 1 can pizza tomatoes, in pieces (á 400 g)
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- 1 handful of black olives