- Crumble fresh yeast cubes in a tall bowl, then stir with 1 tsp of sugar and 2 tbsp of soy drink at room temperature until smooth. Cover the bowl with a dry cloth and let the yeast rest for 15 min.
- Put wheat flour in a mixing bowl, add salt and olive oil as well as the yeast dough and lukewarm water and then knead all ingredients with the hand mixer (dough hook) into a smooth, homogeneous yeast dough. Cover the mixing bowl with a cloth and let the dough rest for 15 min.
- Roll out the yeast dough on a well floured working surface with the rolling pin at ca. the size of the puff paste. Place the puff paste on the yeast dough and press it on. Now fold the dough sheet from the left to the right side and then fold in from the lower to the upper side and roll out again. Cover the dough sheet with a clean and dry cloth and let it rest for 10 min.
Repeat this work step two times with a rest in-between of 10 min. each time. After the third time don't roll out the dough sheet after folding, but cut with a knife in two pieces and form them with your hands into a ball (don't knead the dough!) and let it rest for a last time.
- For the filling cut a vegan alternative from ham in fine cubes and spring onions in fine rings, chop chives finely. Stir all ingredients with the Bluerisella.
- Roll out the dough ball on a well floured working surface (round and thin) and cut with a knife in 8 pieces (like a torte). Put one tbsp of the filling into the wide side of every piece and roll in, form into croissants. Be careful that the filling is well stamped into the dough, so that it can't come out during baking. Repeat with the second dough ball.
- Put 2 litres of water in a pot and boil it up with the natron. Take the pot from the herd. Wear disposable gloves as protection from skin irritations.
Now lay the croissants in particularly on a skimmer and let successively slide in the hot (but not cooking!) water, bath the croissants ca. 1 min. in the water, then lift out with the skimmer and let it slide on a with baking paper covered baking sheet. Spread sesame or coarse salt on the croissants and bake at 180°C in the pre-heated oven ca. 30-35 min. golden brown.
Our tip: The croissants also taste fantastic with a sweet filling – e.g. with a fine nut nogat cream from our shop!
Portion: 6-8 People (16 pcs.)
Recipe: Sophie Mathisz / Photograph: Marcus Maly
- 1 Cube fresh yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp Soy drink
- 300 g Wheat flour
- 150 ml Water, lukewarm
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Roll vegan puff paste (from the multideck cabinet á ca. 240g)
- 2 l Water
- 1 Pkg. natron (ca. 50 g)
- 200 g Veggie chicken ham
- 200 g Bluerisella or Smokeyrisella
- Bunch Spring onions
- ½ Bunch chives
- Disposable gloves
- Baking paper
- Sesame and/or coarse salt, for sprinkling